Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Swimmers!

I have been really glad that my children have had the opportunity I wish I could have had of being on the high school swim team. (In other words they are living my dream;) It has been such a great experience for both Juice and Sonny Pie. Last weekend was the region swim meet which was the last meet for this year--at least for my kids. Sonny Pie got his personal best time on his 200 yard breast stroke which he's been working really hard on all season. I've seen great improvement in him personally and athletically this season. I'm really proud of him.
Juice matched her personal bests almost exactly on both of the events she swam--100 yard butterfly and 100 yard freestyle. This is her last year as a senior. I think she will miss it. I hope she finds a way to keep swimming after high school. It has been one of her favorite things since she was really young.

We always said she was a fish (or maybe a turtle) because she picked up on swimming so easily. I believe it has built her confidence and happiness for many years! Great job!!!!


No comments: