Friday, January 30, 2009

25 things

I got tagged on facebook to make this list. I enjoyed making it so much that I wanted to put it here too. I didn't know if I could think of 25 interesting things about me since my life is pretty average. I don't know if these things are interesting or not but I keep thinking of more things to add so I'll probably post another list before long!

1. I love my life and what's happening in it right now.
2. I went to 5 different elementary schools, 3 junior high schools and 2 high schools.
3. My favorite place I have ever lived is Logan, Utah where I live now.
4. I am constantly amazed at how my children are growing up to be wonderful, caring, people.
5. I am also amazed at the sometimes difficult process my children go through to become wonderful, caring people.
6. I love music!!! One of the best times of my life was being at Ricks College as a music major and being surrounded and involved in it all the time.
7. I met my husband at Ricks College where he was a music major also and he is my favorite composer.(I'm not just saying that! He really is good!)
8. I put my education on hold to raise my five children. For a long time getting back was my most urgent thought, but when the time came that it was feasible for me to go back with just my youngest in daycare and I made the choice to stay home with him the urgency went away. The time will come when it is right.
9. I love to do things with my hands--crocheting, cross stitch, sewing, woodwork(I don't do much of this.), playing the piano, etc., etc., etc.
10. I love to be surrounded by children--mostly my own, but other people's too. I love teaching the Sunbeams!
11. I would have been on the high school swim team if there had been a swim team at my high school.
12. My children have very good taste in music. They surprise me with what they love to listen to. A lot of my old favorites.
13. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my family(parents & siblings). I miss living close enough to see them every day.
14. I am addicted to reading. Mostly juvenile fiction. Some of my favorite authors are Avi, Lloyd Alexander, and Diana Wynne Jones. I love "Lord of the Rings", "Chronicles of Narnia", and "A Wrinkle in Time."
15. I have a paralyzing fear of my children falling from high places.
16. I am a terrible organizer. I'm very grateful for my husband and daughter who are great at it.
17. I want to be a choir teacher. I have known that since I was in 8th grade. Someday maybe I'll get there.
18. I think facebook, and blogs, and e-mail, and the internet are some of the greatest things to help homebodies like me be able to keep in touch with everyone.
19. I bake all of the bread for my family.
20. I grew up in a family with 4 girls and 1 boy, now I have 1 girl and 4 boys.
21. I feel that every time someone you love dies, a little piece of you goes with them. That way when it's your turn to go part of you is already there.
22. I hate housework--especially laundry. But I do love a clean house.
23. I teach piano lessons. I never wanted to but people in my neighborhood were begging me when we moved here so I started and I love it.
24. I am also a cub scout leader. I never wanted to do that either but it's pretty fun.
25. I love to read and learn about my family history. Not just names, but stories.

No comments: