Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Last Lap

Yesterday was the last home swim meet of the season. I've spent a LOT of time sitting by the pool timing at the meets over the last six years. Juice and then Sonny Pie have had such a great time. On one hand I am so glad to think of all the free time I will have now, and gas money since I won't need to drive up to USU to pick up Sonny Pie every day. Here are all the seniors from the team at the last meet.


On the other hand this marks the end of one time of my life(and Sonny Pie's) and the beginning of another which is a bittersweet feeling. Sonny Pie is really feeling the seriousness of choosing a career and becoming an adult with responsibilities. He's so smart, and creative, and charismatic that he will be successful at any career he chooses, but what to choose? I guess that's his challenge.

I am seeing my babies grow up and move on to bigger and better things. It's a wonderful and sort of sad feeling, but mostly exciting. What is in our future? What does Heavenly Father have in store? The only way to really know is to move forward with faith, putting our trust in Him, knowing He has a plan that will help us be happy. As we follow His plan we don't need to be fearful about the future. Heavenly Father will take care of that! Bring it on!


1 comment:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

wow, Lorie, time flies.... I wish all the best for your sonny pie, he's got a great future :)