Monday, September 27, 2010

Signs of Fall

I just got home from walking Cutie and Superstar to school. I saw an interesting sight on the way home. There are grasshoppers everywhere this year. They are so annoying...especially when I'm walking to church and I think they're going to jump up my dress! But this morning I noticed where some of them go at night when it's cold. They were under the yarrow blooms in a neighbor's yard. They were like little umbrellas with big, ugly grasshoppers sleeping underneath. I just had to take some pictures.

I LOVE fall. I love the colors. I love the cooler temperatures. I love getting ready for the holidays. Fall is such a relief from the heat of the summer(although this week is forecasted to be pretty summer-like in temperature!). In front of the school is a small tree looking so fallish(?). The leaves had all changed and half of them were in a pile at the base of the trunk. All the kids were walking by and commenting about the leaves having fallen off already.

It's such a miracle to me to see the seasons change. Heavenly Father made such a beautiful world for us to live in and I'm so grateful to be part of it!

1 comment:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I love the Fall! The smells and sounds and colors :) yes, we are blessed!