Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Relief Society......what?

President...It's been over two weeks since I got the call and I'm just starting to be able to say it out loud. I am the Relief Society President. Wow.

Heavenly Father let me stay comfy and cozy in my comfort zone in Primary for so long....I really liked it there. But I guess it's time for me to stop playing with my kids and spend some time with my sisters. I really like having sisters! The ones I grew up with are amazing and wonderful women and there are many more amazing and wonderful women all around me.

OK.....I have never been one to hang out with the girls very much. I always did relate to the boys better and I live with a bunch of boys now and for the last 17 years.

But who the Lord calls the Lord qualifies. I have a testimony of that. So He will qualify me. He will help me be able to know and meet the needs of the women in my ward. I don't know how but I'll put my trust in Him and it will all work out. :)

1 comment:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Lorie! I just found your blog.... and I am SO excited for you to be the new RS president... excited for you and for our ward. You are a wonderful neighbor and friend and I love ya :) Heavenly Father couldn't have picked a nicer person for the "job".