Friday, April 23, 2010

Some thought on concert attire

Tonight Juice & I and my mother and sisters are going to the Utah Symphony. We're all very excited! Someone has asked what the attire should be for the evening and as I was discussing this with Juice she taught(or reminded---I'm not sure which) me something that I think is important.

She used to be upset with us because we insisted that she get dressed up for interviews with the bishop. We told her that he would get dressed up in his suit to interview her and she should respect that and get dressed up also.

She told me that going to a concert is like a bishop's interview--the performers get dressed in their nice clothes to come perform and it shows respect for their effort and practice and work to dress up to go watch them perform. As a performer I have always thought it is important to dress up for concerts whether performing or listening, but I never put it into words or thoughts quite so clearly.

Thanks Juice for your insights!

No comments: